Thursday, March 4, 2010

The most wonderful Gift

A few days ago I mentioned I received a wonderful gift from the Rug hookers that come to my store. Anyone that has spent time at the store will know that the chairs in the backroom had the worst looking chair pads in the world, they were well worn and falling apart. Yes you might have guessed by now they all hooked chair pads for the chairs. I have started to do one which is still no where near finished but will
be someday. I am very touched by this as I know how much time and effort goes into the making of them. They all designed their own there is a sheep theme that is for sure and surprise, surprise a purple theme also. They are presented in no particular order just the order I took the photos in, they are all unique and truly wonderful.
thanks you so much to everyone that took part
This one is called "SHEEP IN FLOWERS" by Angie Brandon





This one is called "Day Dreaming in Purple Socks" by Joanne Stanton




This one is called " Are Ewe Up for Tea" by Marny Cherrington





This one is "Eventually We all flock to the Purple Sock" by Linda Wilson



This one is "Got Yarn Ewe Bet" by Gayle Gunby



This one doesn't have a name but I am calling it "Sheep on the clothes line"
by Darlene Richardson



This one is called "Do Ewe Like My Purple Socks" by Debbe Bloom




This one is called "The Princess" by Gayle Gunby we have one very soft arm chair in my room and we call the girl the usually sits in it the princess , so Gayle designed and hooked this chair pad just for that chair.



I just want to again thank all of the ones that made the chair pads as I will always treasure them. So do stop by and see them in person as it is much better than the photos. Or even better come out to Sip and Stitch and sit on one of them for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. OH They are beautiful!! I can't wait to sit and enjoy a spin on them. What a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn!

    How wonderful to see all the chair pads on your blog!! They are wonderful to see, wonderful to sit on and above all, almost as wonderful as being at the Purple Sock!!
    Hugs,Debbe

    ReplyDelete