Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fabric Remnants. A very worth while cause.

Hi Everyone,

One of my customers was in a little while ago, and spoke to me about the below cause, and I am sorry to say this is something that has never occurred to me. Here in Canada, we take so much of our good life for granted that sometimes, we just don’t realize that something like this is a real struggle for women and girls in Third World countries.

So I told Barb I would send out the information about what they need and see what happens. So if you have any fabric you would like to donate, please drop it off here at the store. If you have any questions, Barb has kindly supplied her e-mail address below.

Thanks Lynn 
The Purple Sock
lynn@thepurplesock.ca   

My name is Barb and a group of my women friends and I are joining together to make feminine hygiene kits for girls and women in third world countries. In these under developed countries "period time" forces isolation from work, school and family due to lack of adequate protection. These gals use leaves, corn husks or cardboard to try and cope.
To try and keep our costs down, we are looking for fabric remnants. The kits are created using 100% cotton, and last up to 3 years. The pieces need to be at least 1/3 yard by the full width of the fabric. Colourful, dark fabrics ( esp. botanicals, geometrics and batiks / no people, animals or camouflage pls.) are best, for they don't show stains.
If you would like to read more about this program go to daysforgirls.org.
Any fabric donations can be left with Lynn at The Purple Sock in Coldwater.
Thanks for your consideration and help.
Barb Carswell
barbcarswell@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment